|Accuracy is at the heart of our industry, which is why we only work with manufacturers that excel at it. We know that you count on the products we offer to deliver perfect results every time, without exception, and we’re proud to be a supplier for SMAC. A leading manufacturer of precision programmable electric actuators based on moving coil (also known as voice coil) technology, SMAC designs for perfection with actuators that perform impeccably under extremely high and low speed, with sub-micron accuracy and repeatability.
Moving coil technology takes actuators to a whole new level by allowing for much higher acceleration and velocity than the heavier moving magnet technology used in other linear motors. SMAC electric actuators are ideal for any application that requires 100% verification of high cycle positioning, measuring, inspection, or pick and place use. If you need to increase up time or ease of set up and adjustment, you’ll benefit from the brilliance of SMAC moving coil technology.
Additional benefits of SMAC actuator’s moving coil technology include a patented Soft-Land™ function that gives extremely accurate sensing of product location or dimensions, safe and energy efficient operation at low level current (typically 1.5 amps at 24 volt DC), a very low decibel operation (less than 55dB), and a completely airless operation that significantly reduces or eliminates environmental particulate contamination.
SMAC moving coil technology actuators are unique:
Supplying our customers with the best products on the market is a companywide priority at Rilco Industrial Controls. We always work with manufacturers with the best reputations in the industry so we can bring our customers products that will help you get the job done right every time. Contact us today for more information about SMAC or any other manufacturer we work with.
- Position, acceleration, velocity and force are all fully programmable
- With direct drive there’s no backlash, an extremely high rate of accuracy and dependable repeatability
- Impressive sub-micron resolution (5µm to 100nm)
- Patented “Soft-Land” capability allows for light force without damage to parts and materials being handled
- With more than 250 million cycle MTBF, you can expect extremely long life operation
- Flexible operating system with the ability to switch between force, position, and velocity modes at any time
- The SMAC servo system allows for smooth, rapid deceleration, completely eliminating mechanical slamming
- The airless operation makes SMAC actuators ideal for clean room environments
- 100% data feedback for all operations